Introducing a complete redesign, rewrite of core components, enhanced cloud caching, TV show support, an improved crowdsourcing system, and so much more!
Quick note: This changelog was retrieved from the old Changelog page that used to be located on the help page. Several changes were never made public due to changes in posting methodology. We will bring the missing changelogs to the blog in due time.
- Completely redesigned: After a decade of only minor improvements to the original design… ActorAgeCheck has been completely redesigned with a new modern experience, shedding the old ‘blur’ style. Bringing the most important information to the forefront and making critical information clearer. Improvements have been made for devices with larger screens as well.
- More performant frontend: The frontend has been rewritten to be lighter and much more performant on all devices. The new backend and frontend work together to deliver a lightning fast experience.
- An improved search experience: Search suggestions and autocomplete are now available. More results now display with each query. Searching is now faster due to less requests being made per search.
- Actor and movie credit searching: You can now search for movies within an actors/actresses credit listing, as well as search for people inside movie and TV show credit pages.
- TV Show support: You can now search for TV shows and view TV show credit details for actors and actresses
- Crew information is now available: Information about crew members (e.g. Directors, Producers, Writers) and their ages are now displayed on movie and TV show credit pages. This is a preliminary first step towards expanding outside of actors/actresses. (Thanks Andrew)
- Completely re-written caching: Our brand new caching system and more aggressive CDN distribution caching means an experience that’s over triple the performance of the previous iteration.
- Crowdsourcing improvement: Actor pages, movie pages, and TV show pages now offer users a button to suggest an update to the data presented.
- Homepage improvement: The new homepage will still display recently searched; however, users will now also see a list of popular actors and actresses.
- Module-based system: A rewrite to the core backend permits easier development of future feature enhancements.
- Quality of life enhancements: Actor birthdays are now displayed on search results and on movie/tv credits. Actors death day is now listed on search results and inside credits. Actor birthplaces are now displayed. Improved grammar on detail pages (e.g. actor will be, vs actor was). These are just a few examples. Critical information is now presented in a more obvious way.
- Contact us page added: A very obscure listing of our feedback email address used to be available. We’ve migrated to a more simple contact form that can even be used anonymously now.
- IPv6 Improvements: The backend and frontend have had some components rewritten to offer better IPv6 compatibility. This includes new IPv6 routing for our API access (api.actoragecheck.com).